Thursday, August 21, 2008

Kindergarten here we come!

Monday is the day my baby heads off to Kindergarten. She is very excited about it. We had parent orientation this past Tuesday and while we were meeting, all of the children went to have their pictures taken for their ID badges and listen to a story. She came back with a smile and had already made a new friend. So maybe this won't be so bad afterall. I was a bit surprised at the amount of things they will be doing and learning at this age. Some of that stuff I know I didnt start working on until 1st grade. I guess times have changed a lot - or I'm just getting old!

We found out last night her teacher is Mrs. Luna. This itself made me laugh a little. I felt it was a sign that things would be good. Abigail LOVES space and the solar system and here are just a few things I thought were neat: 1) her school is the Creech COMETS and the inside of the front foyer has the solar system painted on the ceiling and 2) She got a teacher names Luna which is another name for Moon - once again with the solar system. We get to meet her teacher tonight which should be a lot of fun.

Emily aka "the eating machine" is doing really good. Potty training is going.. well not TOO bad but not as fast as I'd like either. That's ok - i'm not going to push her because I know she'll do it when she's ready. They are really doing a lot of work with her on that at daycare too so that is helping.

I'm not sure Jonathan and I are ready for this big change in our lives of having a child in school with homework and all but I'm sure we'll manage just like everyone else. I'm sure I'll be taking lots of pictures on Monday so I'll have to post some. Actually I need to post a lot of pics since I've been so behind on them - I need to make time to do that this weekend while we are sitting inside keeping dry from all the rain.

1 comment:

The Coopers said...

yeah!! I am so glad you finally updated. Carson is starting Kinder next week also. Meet the teacher is tonight. Great to hear Emily is getting bigger and doing well too.